Monday, May 28, 2012

PT appointment today

My first appointment with the physiotherapist today was positive.  He tried several ways to cause the pain by having me try to move my arm against his hand in various positions.  He was unable to actually cause the pain, but I could bring it about by raising my arm over my head.  He said this was a good thing.  Initial diagnosis is a weakened rotator cuff, particularly the supraspinatus.

Recommendation is to perform high rep low weight standing banded external rotations, scapula pushups, and banded lateral raise.  Also to stay away from any weightlifting movement that involves the hands over the shoulder (i.e. pull/chin ups, overhead press) and potentially the bench.  He was friendly towards getting back on squatting, deadlifting, and rowing.  Perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment